Skip to main content

Hello, friends.

Back in 2010 I started my blog A Little Blueberry.  I was pregnant with our first baby, Blueberry, and wanted to share my journey with family and friends.  It turned into so much more with product reviews, videos of our trips, Cooking with Lemon videos and pregnancy and loss posts.  In 2014, my blog was on a popular site where people tear apart bloggers and their families, so I stopped putting my life out there as much, and lost the fire for it really.  I tried to keep up with it, but the passion was gone, I was kinda over social media in general for a number of years, life got busy and complicated.

My former blog reached so many people, it's how I met most of you that I am still online friends with today.  I still get messages about how blogging about a natural miscarriage is how you found me, and how you knew you weren't alone in your own journey.  It made me feel amazing to help so many, just by telling my story, and meeting so many of you that I just still love connecting with so much.

Since all of that - I have two kids, Lemon (10) and Indy (6), and am now doing it all on my own.  I filed for divorce in April and have been officially independent since July.  It has been a tumultuous couple of years and all of my energy and efforts were focused on the kids, and keeping myself well enough to properly care for their growing brains and emotions.  I was responsible for all of our mental health, daily, and it was challenging and exhausting, and no energy was left for myself in the end.  I did not have time to write for years, or share much online at all, I was honestly just trying to survive.  

Now here I am, climbing up the mountain trying to get to the other side of it all, but back again.  I wanted to start a new space where I could share my story in a different way, a real way, and share our struggles in hopes that other families can benefit in the future.  I also wanted a space to post my thoughts on issues facing women today since I believe we are at a turning point in America.  I wanted a place where we could bring back the matriarchy and celebrate mothers and all women.  

It was time and I needed a space to come back to.  Thank you for being here.  :)

Allison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

 Welcome to Bring Back the Matriarchy, a space for women and mothers.  I see you, I hear you, I AM you.  Let's come together and share this space, a place just for us.  Let's bring back the matriarchy as one, as women.  I want to celebrate us.